ADVENTURE FOR THE 5TH TIME ON TOP OF MT. OLYMPOS !
CAMLICA GAZOZUNA KAPIŞALIM DOWN OLYMPOS – 5 ENDURO MTB CHALLENGE !
Down Olympos Enduro MTB Challenge will take place between May 11-13 2018 On top of Mt. Olympos which is located on outdoor sports central of Turkey’s Kemer town.
The year long awaited and prepared for by the nature and adventure seekers, Turkey’s one and only MTB Enduro event is turning to a world class excitement with the addition of new elimination heats and parkour designs.
A new dimention will be added to the excitement where participats will take the newly designed seeding event trail which starts at the Olympos Teleferiği (Cable Car) start point and ends at sea level!
The final day which is the most exciting day of the event, participants will start at the top of Mt. Tahtalı (Olmpos) at 2.365 mt. above the sea level and go through 5 special stages until reaching the finish line of the adventure.
With the addition of new sections the total length of the parcour is reaching up to 36 km.
This year, athletes mainly from Germany and Greece and also from other European countries are expected to join the excitement. With the strong media support, Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos 5 event will receive much larger participation compare to the previous years.
Down Olympos 5 will also be accompanied by side events during the week. Second version of the well coming summer bicycle Festival “Cycle Olympos 2018” will also take place with the participation of hundreds of cyclists of different bicycle disciplines. There will be exciting and different trails every day of the festival and event parties and activities during the evenings.
You can also reach all of the details about the event from the Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos-5 Facebook event page.
Registration for the biggest and most exciting bicycle event of the recent years can be done by clicking the below link! :
* Important note: : Down Olympos Participants will be able to join the festival evening activities free of charge .
Organization Program :
May 10th 2018 – Arrivals to the area begins
12:00 Arrivals begin to the Rose Residence Beach Hotel
19:00 Event Registrations to be confirmed at the DO-4 event office (This is mandatory)
*all athletes must be registered with the related payment. Without confirmed registration and and signed disclaimer form athletes will not be allowed to the cable car and the event track. Registrations will be checked during the transfer
May 11th 2018 – DO-5 track trial & trainings day
07:30 Tahtalı Training descent (Not mandatory)
20:30 meeting : Technical event brief
May 12th 2017 – Olympos Cable Car Building / Tahtalı seeding event
11:00 Transfers for the seeding training event ( for the first time entrants.)
13:00 Transfers for the seeding training event ( for the repeating entrants.)
15:00 Seeding event first run
17:00 Seeding event second run
21:00 Daily evaluations and the announcement of the seeding event
May 13th 2017 - Down Olympos 5 Final event day
07:30 Transfer to the Olympos cable car for the Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos 5 Organizasyon start point
10:00 First start
17:00 Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos 5 prize ceremony
Accommodation Info :
Accommodations for 2018 Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos 5 event will be made at the Rose Residence Beach Hotel by Kemer sea side.
Please make sure to reserve your accommodation in advance in order to be able to take advantage of the limited number of the specially discounted rooms for the event. For reservations you can directly call the hotel’s phone number: +90 0533 392 2359. Please make sure to refer that you are calling for the DO-5 event accommodation.
DO-5 special room rates :
Standard Room Single: 150 TL /all inclusive /day (150 TL (40€) per pax /day)
Standard Room Double: 200 TL /all inclusive /day (100 TL (25€) per pax /day)
Standard Room Triple: 240 TL /all inclusive /day (80 TL (20€) per pax /day)
Important event info :
- Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos 5 event registration is open as of 15 Kasım 2017
- Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos 5 event will be consist of 4 categories; men, women, master men, master women.
- Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos 5 event fee is 100 € per person.
- Participant kits will be handed out to those who has made the event registration fee payment during the event technical meeting on May 12th. The event kit includes: Jersey, bike number, stickers, event passport, 2x day cable car pass, all equipment transfers, all athlete transfers.
(Important note: Please make sure to reserve your accommodation in advance in order to be able to take advantage of the limited number of the specially discounted rooms for the event. For reservations, you can directly call the hotel. Phone Number: +90 0533 392 2359. Please make sure to refer that you are calling for the DO-5 event accommodation.)
Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos-5 Event Rules :
- Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos-5 event will be consist of 4 categories; men, women, master men , master women.
- All competitors must be at least 18 years of age.
- Non registered athletes will not be transferred to the event area by the event shuttles. Athletes will not be allowed to make the descent without the event committee permission. The event committee will not take the responsibility of the athletes who are not obeying the announced event rules.
- There are two types of parkour stages. 1) Transition stage: There is only time limit for this. Not affecting the total event timing of the athlete unless the transition passed the announced time limit. 2) Special stages: This type of stages are directly counted and added on the athlete's total event timing.
- According the signed disclaimer form, all athletes accept and attend the event at their own risk. Athletes also take the responsibility of the safety of other athletes, spectators and organising teams.
- On May 12th Thursday at 20:30, all participants must be present for the technical event meeting at the Kemer Rose Residence Hotel meeting room.
- During the seeding event the start positions will be determined according the previous year's timings. Slower participants will start towards the end of the event accordingly.
- There will only be a single transfer arrangement during the competition days.
- During 12-14th May, morning start program will be as follows;
o 06:30: breakfast
o 07:30: bikes will be loaded on the truck for transfer
o 08:00: busses will depart towards the event start
- All participants not staying Rose Residence Beach Hotel must be present at the location no later than 7:30 am.
- A well-adjusted full face helmet is mandatory all times during the competition.
- Wearing a set of full fingered set of mtb gloves are mandatory all times during the competition.
- All participants must sign the event waiver and disclaimer form to confirm registration.
- Participants should carry a backpack, equipment set and enough food and water considering a full day of outdoor activity. A spare tube, repair kit, air pump, allen wrench, raincoat, thermal t-shirt must be included in the backpack during the competition.
- During Çamlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos-5 event the safety of the athletes, spectators and organising crew must be considered as the first priority
- Should a competitor come across a wounded competitor during the race, these competitors first priority is to help and attend the wounded athlete. Any action against this a reason for disqualification from the event.
- A set of protected tubes recommended during the descent due to the sharp object that may damage the tires.
- All participants must carry a cell phone with a fully charged battery. The device must be should be protected from water and placed battery saving mode during the challenge. GPS device or GPS function on the carried cell phones recommended
- Participants must carry a full meal, some snack and enough water
- Participants must get their event passports marked at each stage. Loss of the event passport will cause disqualification.
- Participants who cause delay, fodepart or irregularity will receive time penalty.
- No any kind of support allowed during the special stages. (This will be considered as a cause for disqualification if detected).
- Participants must follow the marked competition track. (Use of alternating route is a cause for disqualification when detected).
- No littering on the track is allowed. It is a reason for disqualification.
- A participant's declaration is considered true. Any false declaration could be a reason for disqualification if detected.
Following are the conditions for disqualification;
Non-technical sufficiency of the participants bcycle. (V-brakes and certain class hardtail bikes will not be allowed)
Participants non-grasp of the competition rules
Participants missing required equipment etc.
- Down Olympos-5 event start will be followed by a guided adventure descent specially organised for the athlete who would like to ride the event track in a group as a touring activity. Participants for the adventure descent must also register for the event and state that they prefer to take the adventure descent on the registry form.
Recommendations and reminders :
- Enduro MTB activity is a full day outdoor activity. We would like to remind you that your preparations should be proper against high elevation conditions. Would be wise to ask and get help from locals and outdoor athletes to prepare your backpack.
- Recommended equipment: Back pack / Camelbak re-hydration, first aid kit, whistle, pocket knife, plastic bags, spare tool kit.
- Must be careful regarding the event timings during the whole event.
- All participating athletes for the Camlıca Gazozuna Kapışalım Down Olympos-5 event are able to attend the activities of the Cycle Olympos 2018 Bike Festival events which takes place during the same time period.